Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Celebration

A Mother's love determines how 
We love ourselves and others.
There is no sky we'll ever see
Not lit by that first love.
Stripped of love, the universe
Would drive us mad with pain;
But we are born into a world
That greets our cries with joy.

How much I owe you for the kiss
That told me who I was!
The greatest gift--a love of life--
Lay laughing in your eyes.

Because of you my world still has
The soft grace of your smile;
And every wind of fortune bears
The scent of your caress.

--Nicholas Gordon


While I promise to not go another FOUR MONTHS without making a blog post, I feel the need to begin...again...with this one. Not just because I'm a Mommy and feel REALLY strongly about this special day, but also because of all of the other mommies I've met since I began my photography career. It's amazing, really. We all live day to day differently. We have different jobs. We live in different cities. We have different hobbies. Most everything we do, we do a little bit differently than the next. But the one thing I am sure of....like 100%, no room for error, I dare you to challenge me, sure of...each and every one of these women I have met love so deeply it hurts. The love-sick that only a mother can feel. That ache in the core of the heart and the tightness in the stomach that she feels as soon as she sees that other piece of her staring back. 

Tomorrow, I celebrate the lives of so many women I have crossed paths with. Not only do I celebrate my own mother and the incredible women whom I have been blessed with having in my life, but I celebrate all mothers. Whether they are your children biologically or not, if you know that heart-ache, love-sick feeling, they are yours. My wish for all of you tomorrow is to sit and hold those who are yours. I know I will be holding mine and thanking the universe for every second I am able to spend with them. 











 










 

May you and yours have a Mother's Day full of love.


No comments:

Post a Comment