Friday, October 21, 2011

It's a small, small world...

Just in case you were not aware already, I have been volunteering my photographic services to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana. Months ago, the Manager of Special Events booked a session for the fall. This session was an EXTRA special session. It was to include her ENTIRE family; Mom, Dad, sister, brothers, in-laws, and nephews. Not only would it include all of the family, it was to take place on the farm where they all grew up.

Once I arrived on location, I realized this was right around the corner from the farm where I grew up. As I began talking to all of the family, I felt as though I recognized a couple of them. After about 30 minutes into the shoot, we discovered that the father actually knew the property where I grew up quite well, and 2 of the women had even worked at my dad's company! This world NEVER ceases to amaze me. I feel as if we all circle around the same people, and eventually we come right back to them, in one form or another.

Now, no more chatter. This GIANT family was a blast! LOTS of joking, laughter, silliness, a few tears, and cow poop. Cow poop??? Oh, yes. LOTS of that too!










No comments:

Post a Comment