Saturday, July 20, 2019

How To Prepare For Your Newborn Artistry Portraits - Louisville Newborn Photographer - Louisville KY

How do you prep for your Newborn Artistry Portraits? 

You don't!




Having babies is mind numbing. Literally.

In your last month of pregnancy you are scrambling to figure out exactly what else needs to be bought, set up, put together, moved around, painted, packed, and prepped.

Once the baby arrives you're spending every hour trying to figure out who this new person is, what they want, what they need, and how to deal with all of the changes. At the same time, you're hurting physically, your brain is mush due to lack of sleep and hormones, you forget to eat, and you struggle to keep up with your water intake.

I get it. I really do. I've done this. Three times, actually. It's hard! Everything is really hard! Your baby's portrait should not be!

I used to have a big prep packet that I would send to clients. It included things like give your baby a bath before our session, feed your baby before leaving for your session, and try to keep your baby awake on the way to your session.

After several years of "prepping" my parents, I stopped. No prepping. Cold turkey. Why am I asking you to keep your babies awake? Why do you need to feed your baby ahead of time? Why are we giving baths and stressing you and your baby out?! Instead of going with what the rest of the newborn photography industry was doing, I went with my gut as a mother.


There's too much to stress about in the first few weeks. I will not have my clients stressed about getting portraits made.

My studio is completely stocked with wraps, headbands, hats, bonnets, newborn attire, buckets, baskets, and more. There are diapers, wipes, hand sanitizer, and a changing table. There's even a coffee maker and snacks for momma and dad. So you bring nothing but the baby and the milk! That's it!

Sit back. Breathe it all in. I'll hold space for you. Let's make memories.

XX



No comments:

Post a Comment