Monday, January 2, 2012

My, oh my.

October. This is the month I last made a blog post. Yep. Right before Halloween. Yep. That pretty much sums up my life. Once Halloween hits, the holidays suck me in like a tornado. They pick me up, swirl me around, toss me through the sky a few times, and then place me back down on my own 2 feet. Solid ground. Ahhhh. Solid ground, how happy I am to see you again.

I had all great intentions of doing a whole Year in Review thing. You know, like all of the best images of 2011? Yep. It's 2012 now. I missed my deadline by about 24 hours. To be quite honest with you all though, it would be impossible for me to pick these images. There are SO MANY. Way too many for any average Joe (or Meg) to just click through and throw into a single blog post. Truth be told, you guys are just too beautiful. You, my clients, have spoiled me ROTTEN this year. Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled. NEVER have I had to admit this before! Your gorgeous kids, your sweet expressions, your amazing comments and posts, all of the love and support of this not-so-new-anymore, local business. Wow. Just. Wow. I have no idea what I have done to deserve such giving people in my life, but I am truly thankful for each and EVERY one of you.

So, instead of creating the "Best Of" post, I am sitting here creating the "Thank You" post. And thanking you simply doesn't feel like enough. In the year 2012,  I vow to pay it forward. In what ways? Well, I haven't gotten this far yet. But let me tell you, it will happen. Bound and determined (and a determined me is quite a force...red-haired-middle-child thing), I WILL be paying forward the gratitude, love, and unconditional support you have all shown me in 2011. And when it happens, you will be the 1st to know.

So for now? For now I leave you with these words borrowed from a friend:
**********************************************************************************************************
You are enough.
You are okay as you are right now.
You are not behind. You are exactly where you're supposed to be.
There is nothing else you should be doing except what you're doing right now.
Be where you are. Inhabit the space you're in. Know that you are safe.
Those shoulds don't have to run you. They're all just stories -- and are therefore negotiable.
Take a breath and remember this.
You can choose.
You can choose what you say yes to and what you release.
You are powerful.
And your time on the earth is precious. So, you can choose to use your time to love yourself. And others. You can choose to do only what you love.
You are worth it. You are worth the effort.
May you resolve to be completely, wonderfully, and unapologetically yourself this season. May you unwrap and discover the gift that is you.
*********************************************************************************

Happy 2012


























No comments:

Post a Comment